Monday, November 29, 2010

Latisse-Day 62 & Eye Makeup Remover I Love

Latisse-Day 1
My ever faithful journey with Latisse, the prescription eyelash lengthing and thickening product, continues!  The picture below was taken on day 62, once again with no makeup, just me and my lashes.  I have definitely noticed a difference.  My lashes, especially on the end corners, are much longer and starting to thicken.  Each bottle of Latisse is 3ml and lasts two months and costs about $120 per bottle. I got mine for less because I bought two bottles at Plastic Surgery Associates of Santa Rosa.  I am now on my second bottle and will continue to apply one drop of Latisse to a clean, sterile brush (included) to each lash line, each night, for 2 more months. 
Latisse-Day 62

According to the Rx clinical studies, 78% of patients saw increased lash length and thickness by week 16.  Once I complete my 16 week trial, I can then go on the “maintenance” plan and apply Latisse every other day or every two days. 


So what is the growth phase and time line of an eyelash?
Just like the hair on our head, our eyelashes go through 3 stages of growth. 
Stage 1:  Anagen-the active growing phase that lasts 30-45 days (much shorter than the growing phase of scalp hairs which is 2-6 years!) 
Stage 2:  Catagen-the stage of transition where the eyelash is no longer growing, but where the sheath of the eyelash attaches to the hair’s root.    
Stage 3: Telogen-the fall out stage or the hair’s resting phase where it’s just sort of hanging out and looking pretty.  An eyelash hair will rest for about 100 days before falling out on its own.

Lashes will fall out during Telogen, but also from tugging on lashes or wiping them too vigorously when removing makeup.  My advice is to avoid tugging or wiping your lashes to roughly by using a gentle oil-free eye makeup remover whenever taking off eyemakeup.  If it’s the kind that you put on a cotton ball, douse it generously and then hold it to your eye for a few seconds before wiping away traces of mascara, eyeliner etc.  

Trust me, I don’t get paid to say this but a few of my all time favorite eye makeup removers are:  Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover by Mary Kay $15 (3.75 fl.oz).  I use this every night and one bottle lasts me about 3 months.  (Peggy is a great MK consultant if you’d like a recommendation.  I can get you her info.).  
Lancome Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover $26 (4.2 fl. Oz.) and Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($6.49 – 8.49 for 25 toweletts.) for traveling.  They come in a regular, sensitive and hydrating formulas and you don’t have to worry about putting them in your carry-on luggage since they are not liquid.   

Let me know what eye makeup remover you love and where we can get it!  More pics to come as I round out my trial study of Latisse.  And most importantly, I tell you if I think it's REALLY worth the $$.



3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, Mia! I have had great success with an eyelash growing product. I have been using RapidLash, and have noticed longer, thicker lashes-love it!
    The best eye makeup remover, I just discovered, is pure baby oil-works like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Nice results after 62 days! I'm also thinking to follow a Toronto Latisse treatment! I want to have longer, thicker eyelashes and seems that this is really useful! I will give it a try and I can't wait to get some really nice results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generic Latisse containing bimatoprost as an active element is most effective eyelashes growth treatment...
    Generic Latisse buy online

    ReplyDelete