Monday, December 12, 2011

Obagi NuDerm Week 1-Notes & Pics from Day 8

Monday, December 5, 2011
Day 1:  I stared the Obagi NuDerm this evening after I saw my Doctor.  Lots of steps, 6 I think!  Excited.

Day 2:  Haven't notice anything really different.

Day 3: Face looking tight and dry.  Almost like exaggerated wrinkles uner eyes.  Starting to get dry by end of day.

Day 4:  Definitely DRY!  Starting to flake around mouth and chin.

Day 5:  More dryness and flaking around chin, mouth area, under eyes.  I met with the clinical esthetician at Kaiser Cosmetic Services today and learned some good detailed info about Obagi and how to use it.  Eye area seems extra dry and wrinkled looking.  This is the first day I'm feeling self conscious like people are going to wonder why the heck my face is flaking off.  Went to a party.  Nobody seemed to notice except for when I told them what I was doing.  I can't keep a secret...guess I'll just blog about it.
Notes from appt:
*She said I would look worse before I started looking better!  (Yikes, and I am paying for this result?!).  She said I will actually look like I am aging.  (GREAT!)
*I am still using the Cleocin (topical antibiotic) day and night with my Obagi.  Only using the Retin A 1% and Blender at night.
*She also told me the reason I'm so dry and flakey around my mouth and chin vs my forehead or cheeks is because we use our mouth muscles more than our cheeks etc.
*She also said to be very careful not to get the Retin A and Blender to close to the corners of the mouth, nose folds or ear lobe.  Those areas can get red and crack!  Ouch.  So I take a q-tip or cotton ball with water and wipe those areas after I apply my creams.

**Also, DO NOT use lotions or toners or exfoliants or wash cloths to rub off this flaking skin.  The Obagi is doing what it's supposed to do, which is to increase cellular turnover and heal from within.  This means all this stuff has to come out and flake off!  That's a pretty BASIC explanation.  Read this for more info.

Day 6:  More flaking.  Worked out early in morning so just cleansed and toned and added the Kaiser clinical esthetician told me that the products need to be on the face for 4 hours to really do what they are supposed to do.  So if you know you are going to exercise and sweat alot in the morning don't waste the products and put all of them on.  Put them on after you exercise.  Noticed today that the afternoon is the most uncomfortable.  Red and hot and itchy...oh and not to mention flakey!  People don't really seem to notice unless they are within close proximity or they know me really well to wonder what is up with my flakey face.

Day 7:  More dry flaking.  Skin actually looks better after I wash and tone first thing in the morning.  I think the cleanser washes away some of the flakes.  Honestly I am starting to see that my melasama is lightening up!!  This better be worth it!  I am trying to pat the creams into my skin rather than rub them in because dry white flakes with cream = yucky mess.  Went for a run this afternoon and face got SUPER red for rest of day and eve.  I made sure to apply extra sunscreen before run.  Sore, irritated but not unbearable...

Day 8 PM Pic
lots of flaking on cheeks
Day 8 AM side view
Melasama under eyes
 improving already.
Day 8 AM front view
Skin tone staring to even out.
Red like a sunburn.
Monday, December 12, 2011
Day 8:  After a few days off, I'm back to being in public, going to work etc.  Put on a little mineral powder this morn to combat the red sunburned look.  The clinical esthetician recommended mineral powders for foundation.  Skin in morning looking better!  See pics.  But by mid afternoon my skin was super flakey again. Couldn't wait to cleanse in the eve.  Using the Clear, Step 3, Hydroquinon, was ouch!  Stings.  Oh, and my face is itchy as is my neck.  I try not to scratch it.  **Click on pics to see them larger.

Reminder:  here's my before pic.
Just 8 days ago.

5 comments:

  1. I accede with you about the Obagi Nu-derm band of derma care. They absolutely work! Using the Obagi Exfoderm in affiliation with the added Obagi Nu-Derm derma affliction articles speeds things up a lot too. That's because the Obagi Exfoderm is an exfoliating lotion.

    obagi

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAY 8 AND ITS TRUE YOU LOOK OLDER, FLAKEY SKIN IS DEPRESSING BUT IM HANGING ON!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hang in there Im 49 and on week 4 and the flaking is bad but clearing up and I had sun damage and wrinkles bad but it looked worse and now I look younger and tighter skined its an awesome system! Good luck and tough it out for perfect results.

      Delete
  3. Hi i am at day 9, but my skin is peeling inly around the chin. No peeling on my cheeks and other areas. Can someone help me why??? Now i am very scary that did i start good product for myself ��
    Plz help soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i am at day 9, but my skin is peeling inly around the chin. No peeling on my cheeks and other areas. Can someone help me why??? Now i am very scary that did i start good product for myself ��
    Plz help soon

    ReplyDelete